If you find yourself in an accident and someone is hurt, the first thing you should do is call 911. This is the single most important step—we want to make sure all parties are safe. Once you're safe, be sure to call us at 1-855-800-3710. Then, follow the instructions below.
Things to Document
- Describe the Incident. Write down an accurate description of the incident, including an account of the location and cause of the accident.
- Collect names plus contact info. Collect the names, phone numbers, and emails for all drivers, passengers, and witnesses at the scene.
- Collect insurance info. For any cars involved, note their make, model, year, color, license plate as well as driver and insurance information.
- Take lots of photos. If you have a smartphone or digital camera, take pictures of any damage and of the scene of the accident.
- Send an e-mail. Forward everything to Support@driveon.co as soon as you can, but no later than 24 hours after the accident occurred.
Things to Avoid
- Don't tow the car yourself. Your trip includes 24-hour roadside assistance and we will get someone out there to help you as soon as possible. If you arrange to have the car towed, you are responsible for any towing and related storage fees.
- Don't fix the car yourself. Prior to any attempt to fix the car, please contact DriveOn and the car owner. Some car owners are particular about how repairs are handled. DriveOn also maintains corporate discounts with auto repair shops that perform high quality repair work. Should you handle the repair yourself, you are responsible for the cost of any repair work performed or resulting from the repair work performed.